February School Report
We have some exciting things taking place this month. From Parent University to the planning of the Annual Dinner.
Wish, Believe, Achieve
The Annual Dinner, Presented by the Garden City PTA.
SAVE THE DATE: Garden City Hotel, March 23
- Tickets will go on sale online only in February! Look for this email. This is an event NOT to be missed.
Ways to Help
- Donate a raffle prize- Products or services, gift certificates, or gift cards. No donation is too small or too large. If you are in the store, pick up a $10 or $20 gift card. This is a great way to help out our fundraising effort. Every little bit helps!
- Organize a group of friends to donate a raffle basket or a grand prize- This is a nice way to represent your child’s class, the block you live on, or simply a group of friends.
- Underwrite a dinner expense- Sponsoring an element of our event ensures every dollar raised can go to programs for our children. Even if you can’t attend the event, this is a wonderful way to show your support.
- Promote your product or business- Donate a raffle prize and showcase your business/product while showing support for our children.
Please complete our online donation form at bit.ly/PTADinnerDonation.
Donations can also be brought to the next Joint PTA Meeting on Tuesday 2/7 or I will be happy to pick them up, email me at email@example.com.
Important Upcoming Dates in February
- Thursday 2/2- Parent University at High School.
If you didn't get an opportunity to register but would still like to attend, walk-in registration is welcome. Please arrive at 6:30 pm and select from workshops that are still available. Our very own Mrs. Bellovin will be presenting a workshop – Mathematics, Computational Thinking, and Granola? Please note, childcare is not an option for walk-in registration. Visit www.gardencitypu.com for more information.
- Tuesday 2/7- Joint PTA Meeting at Homestead School, 9:30 am.
At this meeting, our PARP Committee will share all the exciting events planned for the 2017 PARP: Blast off to Reading Month taking place in March. You will also learn about several proposed PTA Grants to our primary schools, including Hemlock School. A general membership vote to approve these grants will take place at this meeting. Learn what a PTA Grant is and how grants benefit our children and schools.
- Monday 2/20 thru Friday 1/24: School is closed for Winter Recess
A look ahead to March
- PARP will take place the whole month of March. Please join us on 2/7 at our next PTA meeting to learn more about this PTA Sponsored Program.
- March 1- Primary Reflections Awards Ceremony, 6:30 pm, Hemlock School
- March 8- No School Parent/Teacher Conferences
- March 9- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- On March 11, there will be a conference for children and their families entitled "Brain Steam Ahead!" For those who have attended Family Math Day in the past, you will be happy to know that though the format has changed, it still will be a very exciting event. Our own Mrs. Bellovin will facilitate one of the sessions.
- March 23- Wish, Believe, Achieve - The Annual Dinner, Presented by the Garden City PTA.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out! firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA Director Hemlock