May School Report
On Friday, April 28th Stratford School and the Garden City PTA held the first Family Fun Event - Bingo Night! This event “sold out” in less than an hour of the sign up going live! Over 125 children and families were in attendance, including faculty members and their families, it was truly a great family night!
The excitement began with the nut-free snacks and quickly turned to the “competitive” game of B-I-N-G-O. Our Stratford School faculty announced the numbers and Mrs. Vota’s son managed the master board like Vanna White.
The children were more excited about winning Stratford themed runner-up prizes than the grand prizes gift cards! Stratford themed prizes included: Make The Morning Announcements, Bring a Special Reader, Lunch with a Stratford Faculty Member of your Choice, and NO HOMEWORK For a Day.
The PTA would like to thank Mrs. Vota for encouraging this event and working so closely with us to make it all possible. We would like to also thank our Stratford School staff and Mrs. Dara Meyer for their time and staff to make Bingo Night possible. We are looking forward to many more Family Fun events at Stratford next year.
Stratford School Staff Appreciation!
Our staff appreciation event will take place on Friday, May 19th. Join us as we celebrate the hard work and important contributions of our Stratford teachers and staff. Our Staff Appreciation Committee has planned a wonderful event, but this luncheon could not be possible without the generosity of our Stratford families. The Committee has prepared a SignUpGenius outlining the different opportunities to participate - there is something to fit every culinary level. Click HERE to participate.
Some Important May dates:
- May 2nd-General PTA Meeting at 7 pm in the Garden City Public Library
- May 3rd-the 2nd grade classes will go on the PTA sponsored LICM trip, this trip was rescheduled due to a snow day.
- May 9th-Board of Education Budget/Work Session at 8:15 pm, GCHS
- May 16th-School Budget Vote, everyone come and support our schools, GCHS Gymnasium. Polls are open from 6 am-10pm. Bring your children so they can vote for the Stratford Olympics snack!
- May 19th-Stratford Teacher/Staff Appreciation Luncheon. Please sign up to help to show the teachers and staff that we value the work they do with our children.
- May 26-School is OPEN due to Snow Make Up Day.
- May 29-School is closed for Memorial Day
One more date, please mark your calendar!
June 2nd-PTA meeting and Thank You Breakfast, 9:30 am. Coffee is us! Please don’t miss this one as we look back on all we have done and look forward to events next year!
If you would like to get more involved next year at Stratford School, please contact me at email@example.com.
Talking about next year, Stratford School needs two Site-Base parent representatives.
What is Site Base Committee? The purpose of school-based planning and shared decision-making is to improve the educational performance of all students in our schools. The PTA is responsible for selecting the PTA parent members to serve on the district’s Site-Based committees. If selected for this committee, you will work directly with administrators, teachers, students, and parents addressing issues that may arise at the school level.
If you are interested, click here and apply today. Applications are due soon so don't delay!
Kimberly Fellingham, Stratford PTA Director
Getting Ready to Play B-I-N-G-O