February School Report
The second half of the school year is in full swing at Stratford School we have many exciting and enriching experiences happening for the students.
February 2nd: Parent University parents get to go back to school for an evening of educational lectures and discussing which impact our children and our family life. If you didn't get an opportunity to register but would still like to attend, walk-in registration is welcome. Please arrive at 6:30 pm and select from workshops that are still available. Unfortunately, childcare is not an option for walk-in registration. Visit www.gardencitypu.com for more information.
February 14th: Joint Elementary PTA Meeting, please join us at 9:30 a.m. in the Stratford school cafeteria to hear the latest PTA news and listen to a presentation from the Stratford and Stewart School Librarians. We will discuss several proposed PTA Grants for our schools; these would bring some interesting and new experiences to Stratford School. A general membership vote will take place during this meeting to approve these grants. Come and learn what a PTA Grant is and how these grants benefit our children and our schools.
March 23rd: Save the Date: Wish, Believe, Achieve: The Annual Dinner, Presented by the Garden City PTA. This is an event you will not want to miss. Tickets will go on sale in February but save the date: Garden City Hotel.
Ways to help with the Dinner to ensure 100% of the event’s proceeds benefit our children and schools.
- Donate a raffle prize- Products or services, gift certificates, or gift cards. No donation is too small or too large. If you are in the store, pick up a $10 or $20 gift card. This is a great way to help out our fundraising effort. Every little bit helps!
- Organize a group of friends to donate a raffle basket or a grand prize- This is a nice way to represent your child’s class, the block you live on, or simply a group of friends.
- Underwrite a dinner expense- Sponsoring an element of our event ensures every dollar raised can go to programs for our children. Even if you can’t attend the event, this is a wonderful way to show your support.
- Promote your product or business- Donate a raffle prize and showcase your business/product while showing support for our children.
- Please complete our online donation form at bit.ly/PTADinnerDonation. Donations can also be brought to the next Joint PTA Meeting on Tuesday 2/14 or email the dinner committee at email@example.com for drop-off/pick-up information.
Food For Thought
How do we build strong school communities? We all know that having a supportive community in a school bodes well for academic and social success. Studies have shown that parents who take active and supportive roles in their children’s school enhance the school community and sense of wellbeing. What can we do? At home speak in positive ways about the classroom, school, and staff. If possible volunteer in the building, come to school events, attend and be involved in the PTA. By supporting the school community at large, we are supporting our individual child’s experience.
Here are some opportunities for you to help at Stratford:
Volunteer at the Chess Club, you don’t need to know how to play chess; most of the children are well into the game now.
Come by and help re-shelve books at the Stratford Library, this frees up the librarian’s time so she can help the students to pick out engaging and appropriate books. http://bit.ly/StratfordLibraryVolunteers
Send in your Box Tops, the money we receive from the box tops goes to buying recess equipment…who doesn’t get excited about new toys?!
Kimberly Fellingham, Stratford PTA Director