Stewart School Report
- February 2nd – Parent University at High School. If you didn't get an opportunity to register but would still like to attend, walk-in registration is welcome. Please arrive at 6:30 pm and select from workshops that are still available. Unfortunately, childcare is not an option for walk-in registration. Visit www.gardencitypu.com for more information.
- February 9th – Stewart School’s Author-Illustrator Evening, Stewart School Gymnasium, 6:30 – 8:30 pm. The entire family is invited to meet local authors and illustrators and listen to their adventures in literacy and art! Students and their families will have one on one time with the authors and illustrators and will have the opportunity to purchase an autographed copy of the book they want to take home and read.
- We will have a joint elementary PTA meeting with Stratford School on Tuesday, February 14th. This meeting will take place in the Stratford School Cafeteria at 9:30 am and will include a presentation by our librarians - how to get your child excited about reading! Our PARP Committee will share all the exciting events planned for the 2017 PARP: Blast off to Reading Month taking place in March. You will also learn about proposed PTA Grants to our elementary schools, including Stewart School. A general membership vote will take place at this meeting to approve these grants. Learn what a PTA Grant is and how grants benefit our children and schools.
- PARP is coming to all K-5 schools in March! The 2017 PARP Theme is Blast off into Reading! Look for more information on this program and the Stewart School PARP events coming soon.
- Wish, Believe, Achieve: The Annual Dinner, Presented by the Garden City PTA. This is an event you will not want to miss. Tickets will go on sale in February but save the date: Garden City Hotel, March 23rd.
Ways to help with the Dinner to ensure 100% of the event’s proceeds benefit our children and schools.
- Donate a raffle prize- Products or services, gift certificates, or gift cards. No donation is too small or too large. If you are in the store, pick up a $10 or $20 gift card. This is a great way to help out our fundraising effort. Every little bit helps!
- Organize a group of friends to donate a raffle basket or a grand prize- This is a nice way to represent your child’s class, the block you live on, or simply a group of friends.
- Underwrite a dinner expense- Sponsoring an element of our event ensures every dollar raised can go to programs for our children. Even if you can’t attend the event, this is a wonderful way to show your support.
- Promote your product or business- Donate a raffle prize and showcase your business/product while showing support for our children.
Please complete our online donation form at bit.ly/PTADinnerDonation. Donations can also be brought to the next Joint PTA Meeting on Tuesday 2/14 or email the dinner committee at firstname.lastname@example.org for drop-off/pick-up information.
Maria Zografos, Stewart PTA Director