Stewart School Report
Stewart School’s Author-Illustrator Evening was a great success. Thank you to Stewart School for planning this amazing event for our students and their families. Families met local authors and illustrators, listened to their adventures in literacy, and had the opportunity to purchase an autographed copy of their books.
Great PTA sponsored events are happening the Month of March at Stewart:
- PTA PARP Blast Off to Reading - all month long to ignite the children’s passion for reading. Look for more information in your child’s backpack. There will be a PARP Pep Really on March 1st at the Garden City Library from 4-5:00 pm. Space is limited, so if you are interested, please register at GCPL_Events scroll down to March 1st events.
- March 13th - 5th-grade field trip to the Metropolitan Opera to see Ludwig Van Beethoven’s “Fidelio".
- March 15th- PTA Joint Elementary Reflections Awards to be held at Stratford School, 7:00 pm.
- March 23rd- Wish, Believe, Achieve, The Annual Dinner at the Garden City Hotel. Don’t miss this great event to celebrate our community. Ask a friend, spouse or parents in your child's class to join you on the 23rd. Dinner and Grand Raffle Tickets can be purchased now at http://bit.ly/TheAnnualDinnerTickets. Dinner Guests registered by March 9th will be entered into a special raffle. Grand Raffle tickets can be purchased at all Parent-Teacher Conferences.
And crazy as it may sound it’s that time of year again to order your School Supplies, not only do you save time by ordering through the PTA, you also support the schools.
School Supplies online order dates: March 6, 2017 – April 21, 2017. Be on the lookout for the flyer in your child’s backpack with all of the details and online order instructions or click here to order http://bit.ly/GCPTASchoolSupplies. School Supplies will be available for you to pick up on Saturday, June 3, 2017, at the Garden City Middle School Cafeteria from 9am-2pm.
March Pizza Fridays: March 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st. All proceeds will benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Penny's for Patients Program. Watch your email and backpacks for the order form. Click here to sign up to volunteer to serve pizza to the students on these dates http://bit.ly/StewartPizzaFridayMarch
Our next Stewart PTA meeting will be on Tuesday, March 21st at 9:30 am, at Stewart School.
If you missed, our Joint Elementary Meeting held on February 14th, click to read the DRAFT minutes. Minutes of past Stewart PTA Meetings can be found on the Stewart School page on the PTA’s website. At the February PTA Meeting, our membership approved PTA Grants to our elementary schools totaling $6,955. Because of your support of the Garden City PTA, the following Stewart/Stratford grant was possible:
- Ballroom Dancing Program to support a ballroom dancing program for all 5th-grade students in both Stewart and Stratford Schools. Professional ballroom instructors would incorporate the program into physical education classes and lead the classes. The program and its curriculum are intended to support inclusion. The Ballroom Dancing Program is a joint effort between GCPS, PTA, and SEPTA.
Maria Zografos, Stewart PTA Director